C.C. Branneky’s 1st Hardware Store - partners with James Avery & leased from Thomas Lucas. The store catered to the covered wagon trade when St. Charles Rock Road was a dusty old trail. The store stood on the S.W. side of St. Charles Rock Road & Fee Fee Road in the late 1890’s. In 1900 it burned down.
In 1900 C.C. Branneky bought out Walter Post & John Schroeder (Post & Schroeder Grocers) the successors of the Patton’s store that he once worked in as a stock boy. He renamed the store C.C. Branneky & Sons General Merchandise.